As part of the new Cloud development team, this role is responsible to establish and lead the DevOps aspects of Walla! cloud-based solutions.
The cloud engineering team will be responsible on all our development, CI and deployment flows.
About the team:
We are Cloud engineers with a great passion for cutting edge technologies, we are the owners of production infrastructure and platforms managing hundreds of servers. The team is responsible for learning and adopting new technologies and methodologies for the favor of our organization success.
We are always after the next big thing in technology!
We use Elasticsearch, Logstash, ,Redis, MariaDB, StatsD, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, Continuous integration tools and many more.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of developing software with object-oriented languages like PHP, C++, or Ruby, ideally in SOA applications.
- Extensive knowledge about APIs. You can design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers.
- Experience with private cloud solutions. You know the “gotchas,”
potential problems, and how to setup a geographically redundant services.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Lots of experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores (we use Postgres) — and maybe even NoSQL databases (we hope!).
- A commitment to best practices. We’ll want your opinions on operational processes, DevOps, deployment checklists, and more.